Components like rotary airlock valves are among the parts used for feeding pneumatic conveying systems, regardless the type- pressure or vacuum type. There are several other applications where these valves are employed for metering of a controlled feed rate. Selection of these valves is straightforward and need proper understanding about the product.
A rotary valve is a compact mechanical device used for discharging bulk powders or granules continuously under gravity flow. In other terms, rotary valves are among simplest machines that have only single rotating part; a multi-vane rotor that revolves in close contact in the housing.
Functionality of rotary valve-
- It regulates product flow rate to the required/fixed rate
- It maintains a gas pressure disparity between the outlet and inlet airlock
- It performs like a Flame barrier
- It acts as an explosion barrier
- It acts as a process barrier
Being so useful in several terms, rotary valves do possess some limitations, which are as follows-
- You should know that a rotary valve doesn’t develop product flow. It is used to pass the feed material that can fall into it and out of it under gravity.
- You can find leaking of air or gas during the operation, which can affect the product flow and the performance of the machine.
- If the pressure difference across the rotor is greater, it will be less predictable and less stable in efficiency.
Rotors of the valves are most variable parts that come in distinct range of alternative features. Most manufacturers design and intend rotors to bring flexibility to incorporate alternative features. A fewer manufacturers are there using castings for making cheaper rotors; however, their use is limited.
These are few important things that manufacturing unit shared to let you know about manufacturer of rotary airlock valves and their uses. For more info, you can do research online and mark all other significant points that give you new facts and knowledge about rotary valves and similar products. Don’t forget to share your thoughts with other readers. Thanks for the time.